From: Bryan Capitano [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2001 10:29 AM
To: Webmaster; mysql
Subject: Re: Need A book for dynamic website

"PHP and MySQL Web Development" by Luke Welling and Laura Thomson (Sams
Publishing, Copyright 2001) is the best book on the market I think. But
it depends on your skill level. This book has a section on basic PHP
language, another section on setting up MySQL databases, and a third
section with practical examples of PHP/MySQL projects, including source
code etc.

This book covers 90% of everything you'd need to REALLY know. For the
other 10%, I like to use the WROX series "Professional PHP Programming"
by Castagnetto, Rawat, Schumann et. al. It has more fine details of the
PHP language which Welling and Thomson just couldn't cover. But the WROX
book only has one chapter on interfacing with MySQL. It does have a nice
library of MySQL functions in the glossary, however, which Welling and
Thomson would have been really wise to incorporate.

The two of these books make a SLAMMING dynamic duo. You just can't fail
with them.

Bryan

--
CAPITANO WEB CONSULTING