Todd .... Are you familiar with either of the books I recommended? Each of
them does a fine job explaining (1) how to use PHP -- as a beginner (2) how
to use MySQL -- as a beginner.  The language is simple. If you've never come
across a for{} loop, it explains it clearly. If you've never seen an RDBMS,
or any of it's terminology, you will get a fine introduction. AND, what I
liked about these books (as a beginner) was that they had plenty of room to
grow -- chapters on more advanced topics, practical projects with source
code. You certainly don't have to read those chapters first. I like to get
books which have a few more miles that "just the basics."

Nevertheless, if you need something more basic, with more elementary
language, I would suggest a book like Introductory Web Development, which
doesn't dive into topics like PHP and MySQL--because these are already
advanced topics relative to web development.

"If you can't run with the big dogs, then stay on the porch."

CAPITANO WEB CONSULTING
Bryan R. Capitano
CELL: 541-760-6288
HOME: 541-929-5060