Hi!

Sandeep> Have been spammed too by NuSphere earlier on.. so junked my earlier mail id
Sandeep> and switched to the present one...

Sandeep> let all the subscribers carry a vote to hv this spammer banned from this
Sandeep> list...

Sandeep> sandeep

As you probably know, we don't allow spams to be posted to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (In some extreme cases we have agreed to forward
spam-like information when we think the information is of general
nature that we think it will benefit a large part of MySQL users, but we
have been very restricted with this).

The problem in this case is that the spams are not posted through the
public MySQL lists, but harvested from email posted to this list and
is thus almost impossible to control.

make it a bit harder for NuSphere to get email addresses;  Unfortunately
this will not help in the long run because it's so easy to generate
'fake' email addresses for this purpose :(

Thanks for all the support and the interesting links that has been
forward to us regarding this thread!

Regards,
Monty
CTO of MySQL AB

PS: If anyone has some other interesting links or information that
    concerns NuSphere's recent behavior, please forward them to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    As it is likely that we will soon be in court regarding this, we
    are thankful for all information we can get!