I was just reading an annoying article from a user who was moving from MySql
to Postgres because of stability problems and because of problems restoring
"large" MySql data-dumps. I checked his site and it does not have the
appearance of a very heavy loaded site so I am not sure what he means by
large.

This is the article: http://webmasterbase.com/article/529

I was wondering what size of MySqldump file creates problems when importing
the datadumps (is it equipment dependent -> size of memory, speed of
processor etc ??), also under what circumstances does MySql become unstable
(how many concurrent users? what kind of queries etc) or is the stability
question something that has changed alot with version 3.23 and is just not
relevant any more?

I used Oracle8i before (under very heavy load) and did not have any problems
there. I am now using MySql under not so heavy load and have not yet had any
problems with it, but just want to be prepared when and if they come along.

I would be grateful to hear your opions and experiences, good or bad.

Regards,

Ingvar G.
us.logiledger.com
Web accounting & CRM