Hi everyone,

Just want to make a very brief announcement.

I've seen a few mentions in the recent past of the desire for a
searchable archive of the MySQL list.  I've wanted one, too.

So, being <ahem> 'between contracts' right now, I decided finally to
write one.  I've actually been keeping an archive of the MySQL list
for quite a while in anticipation of doing this some day.  Just doin'
my bit...

It's still in BETA, so this is a test release to see how it holds up.

It's fully searchable on Subject or Body, on the "From" address, and
by date range. It's running on a reasonably decent box (a Sun Ultra
1), but on a fairly slow connection (for now).  The pages are quite
compact, though, so as long as not everybody hits it at once, it
should give pretty decent performance. :>

Written in Perl with MySQL as the backend, of course.  :>  The
archive is updated in real-time as the mails arrive, so it should
always be up-to-the-minute.

Take a minute and let me know what you think -- it's a work in
progress, and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks, all!

/Rob