At 20:18 -1000 2001/12/15, Peter Reck wrote:
>Rob,
>
>THANK YOU for putting this together.

You're welcome.  Glad you like it.  :>

>I am a complete newbie to MySQL, and have a VERY BASIC question:

In the future, Peter, please direct questions to the MySQL list, and not to me
personally.  Thanks!

>- How do I go into the db and clear and/or edit what has been written to it thus far?
>
>Maybe you can point me in a useful direction to learn about the basics of MySQL?

The MySQL manual, either on-line (http://www.mysql.com/doc/) or in the distribution
you got, is *very* good.  Take a bit of time to get to know it.

For a basic start on logging-in, and inserting and deleting data, take a look at the
tutorial in the manual, Chapter 3 "Introduction to MySQL: A MySQL Tutorial."

>I am now looking at a nice summary on developer shed right now, which gives me a
>basic intro.

The stuff on DevShed is generally quite good.  It's a good resource.

>Thanks a lot Rob,
>
>Peter

Hope this helps,
/Rob

--
Robert Alexander  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  416-823-6599
http://www.workmate.ca  WWW Database Applications and Web Hosting