De: Daniel Bechtel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Enviado el: Jueves, 20 de Diciembre de 2001 05:48 p.m.
Para: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Asunto: Can't connect to SERVER MYSQL localhost

Hello,

I'm running Windows ME and installed 2 weeks ago MYSQL and got it working
fine. Had no problems. Now suddenly since a couple days I can't get the
MYSQL Server started anymore. I get the above described message. Well, I
checked the manual and followed those hint's but it does not tell me much
more.

I can ping my localhost address 127.0.0.1  and localhost itself, but when I
try to telnet to it I get the message "Could not open connection to
localhost".

To make things worse I deinstalled MYSQL and reinstalled it.
I kept my previous my.ini but checked it against the manual and can't find
anything wrong.
Here it is:
[mysqld]
basedir=c:\mysql
datadir=c:\mysql\data

innodb_data_file_path=ibdata1:2000M;ibdata2:2000M
innodb_data_home_dir=c:\mysql\data\ibdata
innodb_log_group_home_dir=c:\mysql\data\iblogs
innodb_log_arch_dir=c:\mysql\data\iblogs
innodb_log_archive=1

[WinMySQLadmin]
Server=C:/MYSQL/bin/mysqld.exe
QueryInterval=10

Now when I start MYSQL with the command MYSQLD
I get the following errors:
Innodb:operating system error number 3 in a file operation.
Innodb: Error in creating or opening c:\mysql\data\ibdata\ibdata1
Innodb: Could not open data files
011220 Can't init databases.

I believe this is not a MYSQL issue but rather something on Windows
operating System level.
I don't know any further, especially after it worked before and I probably
screwed something up, but I can't find what it is.

HELP !

Daniel