> localhost is a special value (meaning connection over unix socket
> rather than TCP/IP), and it's not matched by % in this case. You
> need to grant access to user@localhost as well.

Aha!  That did the trick.  Thank you very much.

(Is this in the manual?  If so, I didn't find it.  It would probably be
worth inserting prominently in the sections on "Grant" and "Revoke" and "Set
Password", unless it's there already and I'm at fault for failing to
sufficiently RTFM.)

-Rob

  (Food for SPAM filter: sql,database,table,query!!!)

--
-=-=-= Rob Knop =-= [EMAIL PROTECTED] =-= http://www.pobox.com/~rknop =-=-=-
     Help the EFF protect basic freedoms online: http://www.eff.org