I have a project where I may need to connect an MS ACCESS db and MySQL. I
have read some pretty good documentation and know that is possible to take
an existing Access db and export it to MYSQL. I have a few questions and
wondered if someone might offer some insight.

1. Where must the Access db reside in order to talk with MySQL?
2. After the import to MySQL, if I insert new data into MySQL will the
Access db be updated as well?

I am looking for a way to access live MS Access data from the web.
Obviously, I could connect directly to the Access db itself but with limited
connections, I would think it would be hard to share the data . My thought
was when someone updated the Access db, the data is then exported to MySQL.
I then could use php, JSP or whatever to access the data from the web
without having to worry about odbc connections.

Am I way off here?

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Mark