hello mark,

been doing this quite a bit recently but i cheat a bit...

1st step is to export the table from access as a text file - delimited by
comma's.

if you load up phpMyAdmin (available at
http://www.phpwizard.net/projects/phpMyAdmin/), create your database and
then mimic the table set up from access, you can then use the 'Insert
textfiles into table' function to load all the information.

a bit time consuming but it does work! phpMyAdmin is wicked as well....

hope this helps,

jake