On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I use MySQL server replication last month, but currently I stopped using
> it...coz for some reason
>
> 1.    my master server is running on windows 98 platform, I cant prevent
> it from hanging-up
> 2.    my slave server is running on windows 98 also, I cant prevent it
> also from hanging-up
> 3.    if master hangs-up, slave also stop replicating...as the master
> recover the slave cant replicate due some changes made by the master which
> is not updated in the slave...a corruption...
> 4.    I always shutdown both servers and copy the database from master to
> slave, and start over again...I started up the master then second the
> slave...it works better and reliable...
> 5.    My setup weakness is only when my master server hangs-up...
>
> Is there some tips known about this?I really appreciate it...
>

> R.B.Roa
> PhilCom Corporation
> Tel. No. 858-xxxx
> Mobile No. (63) (919-xxxxxxx)

Your primary weakness in that setup is windows 98. Windows 98 is prone to
memory problems and does not like to function well under any kind of load.
My recomendation is to run your database on some flavor of linux or if
your really partial to it, a flavor of bsd. If the *nixes are out of the
question at least upgrade to windows 2000 server or something based off of
NT. I have also had corruption issues running under very high load on IDE
drives, if you can afford it go SCSI.

Eric Bergen
Webmaster
ItsYourDomain.com
1005 W. Wise Road
Schaumburg, IL  60193
(847) 895-4301 / Tel  -    (847) 895-4123 / Fax
http://www.itsyourdomain.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"The Wholesale Registrar"