Hello,

Excuse me for my English, but I am French.

I am studing MySQL and particularly replications.
When we have 2 threads which use BEGIN-COMMIT/ROLLBACK (with
Berkeley-db), there is a conflict if we make this schema:

THREAD 1        !       THREAD 2
                !
begin;          !
                !       begin;
                !       delete from table where id=4;
update table... !

An error comes on thread 1:
ERROR 1030: Got error -30996 from table handler

What does it mean?
What can we do to lock table at the first BEGIN and not at the first
update or delete?
(We want that thread 1 locks table at the begin to avoid the error)?

Thanks a lot, and have a good day.
--
                                     Heidi DIAS
        GAEL Consultant           Software