1)

CREATE TABLE `summary_rts` (
  `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `hits` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `uniq` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `reload` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `hourly` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `daily` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `mtime` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`cid`,`mtime`),
  KEY `time` (`mtime`)
) TYPE=InnoDB

CREATE TABLE `summary_rts_old` (
  `cid` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `hits` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `uniq` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `reload` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `hourly` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `daily` int(10) unsigned default '0',
  `mtime` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`cid`,`mtime`),
  KEY `time` (`mtime`)
) TYPE=InnoDB

> create table rank_union select * from summary_rts union select * from
summary_rts_old;

The error began to occur after the sum of rows was roughly 200,000.
InnoDB free space was in the range of 4 gigs and disk space > 2gigs.

2) Can't really give tables and queries here since they form a large set of
statistical analysis queries. Only information I can helpfully give is that
the same set of roughly 30 queries is run every 5 seconds 24/7. After about
5-7 days the db server segv's on both our 4.4-release machines.

Ric.