Heikki,

    My set of queries performs about 4/5 "show create table" queries each
hour. The purpose being to drop it then recreate it automatically. Last time
I tried truncate it was as slow as delete, but that was near the begining of
my development and never saw reason to retry it after show
create/drop/create ... worked fine.
Even though these show creates happen 4/5 hours could they be the cause of
it somehow only crashing every 4/5 days? Or is it more likely that the
crashes I experience are a set of bugs. Maybe one day the assertion failure
crashes it, then a few days after another "bug" crashes it?. Near the
beginning of the development I experienced problems where Mysql would crash
coz it bugged out on virtual memory. Doubling the virtual memory stopped
this. I don't think the error is related to this since it used to singal 11
every time when that was happening.

As for the memory consumption,
> >   PID USERNAME PRI NICE  SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU    CPU
COMMAND
> > 44577 mysql     31   0  1085M 79544K RUN    1  34.6H  5.37%  5.37% mysql

This would suggest that memory consumption has decreased (to 79megs?) yet
virtual memory has bloated to 1085-79?. This is on the other server mind
you. The two servers that are crashing, crashed very recently, but I think
they also will begin to exhibit the virtual memory increase, real memory
decrease syndrome over the next couple of days.

Ric.