* harm de laat
> Subject: when will mysql 4.1 be released?

I don't know. Not in the nearest future, they have just begun the coding.

> I'm implementing a bridge between MySQL and Lotus Domino.
> In our application we realy need stored procedures (triggers).
> I saw that MySQL does not yet support stored procedures. (This will be
> one of the features of version 4.1). Is it worth to wait for version 4.1
> or should we switch to some other database management system like
> postgresql (which does support stored procedures)?
>
> We realy would like to use mysql. Because the Lotus Domino bridge work
> perfectly with mysql, but it does not realy work with PostgreSQL.

I don't get it... does it "work perfectly with mysql", or do you "realy need
stored procedures"? And how come you consider postgresql, when "it does not
realy work with PostgreSQL"?

First you should decide if it works or not with mysql. If it does not, you
can consider if it works with postgresql. If it does not, you can consider
if it is worth waiting for 4.1, or if you should consider other products.
The word "worth" implies some kind of economic considerations, it is hard to
answer without the knowledge of your economic situation. How important is
this application for you? Can you afford to not make the bridge in 6-12
months? Can you work on other projects in the meanwhile?

("6-12 months" is just me guessing, I feel safer with "Not in the nearest
future.")

--
Roger
sql