First of all, let me apologize for repeaditly sending my e-mail message
to the list.

Roger Baklund wrote:

>I don't know. Not in the nearest future, they have just begun the coding.

Oka

>I don't get it... does it "work perfectly with mysql", or do you "realy need
>stored procedures"? And how come you consider postgresql, when "it does not
>realy work with PostgreSQL"?
>
>First you should decide if it works or not with mysql. If it does not, you
>can consider if it works with postgresql. If it does not, you can consider
>if it is worth waiting for 4.1, or if you should consider other products.
>The word "worth" implies some kind of economic considerations, it is hard to
>answer without the knowledge of your economic situation. How important is
>this application for you? Can you afford to not make the bridge in 6-12
>months? Can you work on other projects in the meanwhile?
>
>("6-12 months" is just me guessing, I feel safer with "Not in the nearest
>future.")

IBM (Vendor of Lotus Domino) provides a Lotus Notes module called DECS
which purpose is to provide a 'bridge' to relational databases like
MySQL, Sybase and Oracle. (This goes via ODBC) This 'bridge' seems to
work fine with MySQL (and it's ODBC driver). But it does not work with
postgreSQL (and the postges-ODBC driver). This is a known bug (and IBM
is working on it).

We could use MySQL and imlement stored procedures outselves. (Using some
scriptlanguages like perl or python).

But this is (ofcourse) a lot of work. If we could use stored procedures
in MySQL that would realy help!. So I read that Mysql 4.1 would have
stored procedures. But no release date was mentioned.