> I'm implementing a bridge between MySQL and Lotus Domino.
> In our application we realy need stored procedures (triggers).
> I saw that MySQL does not yet support stored procedures. (This will be
> one of the features of version 4.1). Is it worth to wait for version 4.1
> or should we switch to some other database management system like
> postgresql (which does support stored procedures)?
>
> We realy would like to use mysql. Because the Lotus Domino bridge work
> perfectly with mysql, but it does not realy work with PostgreSQL.
>
> Any ideas here?

The DECS (Domino Enterprise Connection Services) should work
with: DB2, Cracle, EDA, Sybase and --> ODBC <--

If postgres has a proper ODBC interface, it should work.

Lotus prerequisites for ODBC:

* The ODBC driver appropriate to the operating system
* The driver must be 32-bit on NT and OS/2
* The ODBC driver must be thread-safe
* The ODBC Administrator must be present
* There must be correctly defined ODBC data sources in the  ODBC Administrator