On Mon, 23 Sep 2002, Daniel Kiss wrote:

> Hi!
>
> At 00:56 2002.09.23._ -0300, you wrote:
> >Do I loose
> >too much performance using InnoDB tables in autocommit mode instead of
> >using MyISAM tables?
>
> The real quiestion is: Why do you want to use InnoDB tables when you don't
> want to use its transaction safe features?

The reason for prefering InnoDB over MyISAM? Performance. Most benchmarks
show InnoDB is slightly faster than MyISAM, and not to mention its some
other benefits.

But the performance could be a reason on its own to use InnoDB. I don't
mean that MyISAM is bad, not at all. It's simpler to use, after all. But
what I mean is that InnoDB can be used in all tasks MyISAM is suitable
for, and some tasks will be done faster using InnoDB.

Best regards,
Iikka

* Iikka Meriläinen                       *
* E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vaala, Finland                         *