Perhaps the InnoDB/MyISAM gurus can comment on this.  I want to switch from
MyISAM to Innodb, because we have database tables that have many updates,
inserts, deletes and selects going on at the same time.  My belief is that
InnoDB's better locking semantics (as compared to MyISAM) will give me
better overall performance in such a high contention environment.  For
example, each update won't block other updates or selects or deletes.

Is this a fair assumption?  Honestly, the 'other' features of InnoDB
(transactions and reliability) aren't as important to me as overall speed.

Cheers.
-Dana

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.