Where might I find information about optimizing inserts to MySQL tables.

I've purchased 2 books, and so far, the only optimizations I see concern
reads, not writes.

The only advice I've received so far on optimizing writes is to have my
application dump the records to a text file first, and do periodic "LOAD
DATA INFILE" commands, so as to bulk insert records.

Are there any websites/webpages or books that detail optimizing writes to
MySQL databases (aside from "more memory" or "faster CPU" or "faster hard
drive").

Thanx,

Jamie Beu
Lockheed-Martin Information Systems
Software Engineer
CTIA
(407) 306-2484

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in
 front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
G. K. Chesterton - Illustrated London News, 1/14/11