on 05/16/2004 01:15 AM, bruce at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> but this brings to mind a question. is it possible to have multiple users
> accessing the phpMyAdmin app, with each having different access rights for
> different databases/tables...??

Yes, that's exactly what it does, you basically assign a user and a pass to
be able to have certain permissions.  In most cases I allow one user and
pass to be able to work on their own database, that's it, they have full
rights on that database, and that database only.

When you go to the phpmyadmin login page and enter in that username and
password, they only see the one database in the list on the left.

Conversely, if you login as root, you will see all the databases.

You could also grant other privs to other users if they needed to see more
than one database, or perhaps give someone special control if you want to
allow others to admin mysql in general.

> and what the h*^* are you doing up at this time of night!!

Its only 1 :-)