> Here's my QUESTION! Because some of the program information is
> large I don't
> want to query the data base everytime do I?

Define large?  Are we talking mixed media types (PDF/Word/PowerPoint) or
plain text/HTML?  As someone has already suggested, you might be better to
save the files on the disk and store the filenames in the database instead.

Then again, you said "some" of the information is large.  What's the ratio?
If it's small enough, fitting it in the DB might not be so bad.  Depends on
the hardware.

Since you're pulling static pages from disk, not SQL, it would probably
scale better.

Always looking for a challenge, I would look at the kind of data you're
dealing with.  If it's of similar format, you may be able to create a SQL
strucutre that would allow more flexibility with your data.  Render the data
in different views where applicable or at least enforce a theme on your
system.  Of couse, XML/XSLT is more suitable for that....  and I've gone way
overboard...

> This would take up to many resources. So I've decided to write a program
> every night and remove the old ones through a cron job?

If you're eager to store it all in the database, I would do so.  It doesn't
sound like this stuff is going to change often.  Throw a reverse-proxy squid
in front of apache.  Even running on the same machine will help a LOT.

Avoid cronjobs and nightly generated static files.  That practice does NOT
scale and can be very difficult to manage.