Grant,

> This is correct, only two types of queries. Updating and Deleting.

=deleting is a trivial exercise, whether the data is held in a db or file.

=updating is more of an exercise for the content managers than it is for
you...

> > =Can I assume that the information doesn't change frequently?
> This is correct.

=this is both a 'win' and a 'loss': it eases the technical side, but for the
user/authors the less frequently they 'do it', the more time between for any
techniques, rules, standards... to be forgotten!

The plan is to stream line the web site and get the
> information out faster and cut out the red tape. We were thinking intern's
> from each department, no matter how computer illiterate they are could
open
> a GUI or Web interface to change there data.

=in which case, continuing the static file theme, I would give serious
thought to ascertaining which tools these people can be expected to already
be familiar. There are a number of HTML-hiding editors/authoring tools 'out
there', eg (R18 warning) FrontPage or even MS-Word. Don't be tempted to
re-invent the editor-wheel...

=another possibility would be a BB system (recently discussed on the PHP
list) or a 'wiki' (specifically designed to 'get data out there quickly',
but tend to be less structured/less geared to a template/'common look and
feel'/marketing-brand approach/straight-jacket)...

> > =You talk in terms of "large". Can you quantify this?
> A normal class outline, shouldn't be no more than 9,999.

=unfortunately no 'units'. If you are talking bytes or even lines; then with
respect this is trivial stuff for LAMPs on even modest hardware. It sounds
like a lot on paper, but web servers are fleet of foot!

=although if you are talking bytes/characters you might consider splitting
such pages into more than one web page - an 'average' sheet of A4/A paper is
(round numbers) going to present 2KB. So you appear to be talking of 4~5
pages of data. Imagine that presented as a single screen-load and ask if it
seems appropriate for the application...

> That file idea of your is interesting I will have to sleep on it. Thanks
for
> your input. I'm a one man team developing this and I've been sinful. This
is
> the time God's going to punish me if this blows up in my face. hehe.

="one man...sinful"???
No, I'm not going there...
=dn