On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Gelu Gogancea wrote:

> Hi,
> What OS you use ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gelu
> G.NET SOFTWARE COMPANY
>
> Permanent e-mail address : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This sounds like what I just submitted a bug report for.  Connections
to 4.0.8 (compiled locally or binary distro) cause a server crash if
the IP of the client is not resolvable in DNS.  One can add an entry
to the hosts file for certain IPs to stop this, however this still
leaves the fact that ANY IP that can connect to the server can crash
it if there is no reverse entry.

 --
I route, therefore you are.