Frank,

> Since I have limited command line access (ISP hosted database), I will
> probably have to use phpMyAdmin.
> Part of my logic was to copy my MySql database to another MySql
database,
> so that I can use the second database for QA purposes.
> When I perform the Export as above, does that make a copy in another
> database or is that to an  external file? If it is an external file,
would
> I have to Import it to another database that I create?

>> 6. Check "Save as file".

This means phpMyAdmin will write the export file to a file which it will
send to the browser. You can save this file on the machine where the
other (QA) MySQL server is running. On this machine, you can load the
export like this:

Let's say, you exported database "my_database", and you saved the export
file as "c:\mysql\my_database_export.sql" on your QA machine. You can
import it with this command (assuming that database "my_database" exists
on your QA machine, but has no tables in it):

 c:\mysql\bin> mysql -uusername -ppassword my_database <
c:\mysql\my_database_export.sql

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>