Stefan,

Let's say, you exported database "my_database", and you saved the export
file as "c:\mysql\my_database_export.sql" on your QA machine. You can
import it with this command (assuming that database "my_database" exists
on your QA machine, but has no tables in it):

 c:\mysql\bin> mysql -uusername -ppassword my_database <
c:\mysql\my_database_export.sql
Doesn't this assume that I have command line access? Since I am in a hosted (ISP) environment, I am trying to do this through phpMyAdmin. Can I not do this through phpMyAdmin?