Hi!

----- Original Message -----
From: ""Gelu Gogancea"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.mysql
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: Re[4]: mysql 4.0.8- crash on TCP connection

> Hi,
> It seems is happens to all which use InnoDB.Is announced that will be
solved
> in 4.0.9.

The bug has nothing to do with InnoDB.

I think the bug is the following:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/News-4.0.9.html
"
Bugs fixed:
A security patch in 4.0.8 causes the mysqld server to die if the remote
hostname can't be resolved. This is now fixed.
"

A general note: the bug list of MySQL is the changelog in the manual,
because it lists also upcoming releases. By looking there you often find the
explanation why some version does not work.

For InnoDB the bug list is http://www.innodb.com/ibman.html#InnoDB_history.

> Regards,
>
> Gelu

Best regards,