From: "Anthony Richardson" <
To: "Leonardo Javier BelÈn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 9:52 PM
Subject: Re: help with query

Hi,

I do not clearly understand your question, but if it's looking for
query, please try the following:

select * from planttable
where substring(id, 1, 2)="01" and substring(id, 3,2)="02";

>Hi all!
>     I would like to build a query that I can use to search hierichally
from
>an char(4) id composed as followed
>2positions for the class of plant (for example)
>and 2 positions for the type of flower (for example)
>
>if someone give me the id that means red rose tree, and I know there is
>another clasifications of tree and another colors for the rose, does anyone
>knows how to retrieve them.
>
>0100 - Rose tree
>0101 - pink rose tree
>0102 - red rose tree
>0103 - rococo rose tree
>0200 - generic tree
>
>Thanks in advance
>Leonardo J. BelÈn.
>

>query mysql sql blah!

tony

... but I was occupied all the more constantly on my silent route,
with trying to fix, at least in its more comprehensible and
characteristic details, that sense of the sublime and vast, which, as
time advances, usually grows contracted in our minds.
Goethe