On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 09:52:44PM -0800, Daren Cotter wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> That query simply gives me each mailing ID, along with
> the # of members associated with that mailing ID.
>
> What I NEED is to return the # of mailings sent to a
> member, and the number of members associated with that
> number.
>
> I.e., if I do:
>
> SELECT count(*) FROM member_mailings WHERE member_id =
> 1
>
> That returns the number of mailings for member 1, say
> it's 25. That would be one tally in the "25" field for
> # of mailings sent.
>
> It's tough to explain, so I'm thinking I won't be able
> to accomplish it in one query?

  Hello Daren,

  Assuming that your table looks something like this:

  +-----+-----------+---------+-----+
  | ... | member_id | mail_id | ... |
  +-----+-----------+---------+-----+
  | ... |         1 |       1 | ... |
  | ... |         2 |       1 | ... |
  | ... |         3 |       1 | ... |
  | ... |         1 |       2 | ... |
  | ... |         2 |       2 | ... |

  Then this query should return the information that you desire:

  SELECT COUNT(member_id), COUNT(mail_id)
        FROM member_mailings
        GROUP BY mail_id;

  Cheers!