Jeff,

That query simply gives me each mailing ID, along with
the # of members associated with that mailing ID.

What I NEED is to return the # of mailings sent to a
member, and the number of members associated with that
number.

I.e., if I do:

SELECT count(*) FROM member_mailings WHERE member_id =
1

That returns the number of mailings for member 1, say
it's 25. That would be one tally in the "25" field for
# of mailings sent.

It's tough to explain, so I'm thinking I won't be able
to accomplish it in one query?

--- Jeff Shapiro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This should get you close:
>
> SELECT mail_id, count(member_id) AS `# of members`
> FROM yourtable
> GROUP BY mail_id;
>

> At 18:44 -0800 3/17/03, Daren Cotter wrote:
> >I have a table that keeps track of when members of
> my
> >site are mailed. The important fields in the table
> >are: member_id, mail_id
> >
> >I need to write a query that will return the # of
> >members and # of mailings, like the table below:
> >
> ># of mailings sent     # of members
> >-----------------------------------
> >1                      10,000
> >2                      20,000
> >...                    ...
> >
> >Meaning, there are 10,000 members that have been
> sent
> >1 mailing, and 20,000 members that have been sent 2
> >mailings.
> >
> >Is this possible in one query?
> >
> >TIA,
> >
> >Daren