Lewell,

>     ERROR 1064 at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check
the
> manual that corresponds to your mySQL server version for the right
syntax to
> use near 'mysql_fix_privilege_tables' at line 1

The script your speaking of is a Unix shell script, and there is nothing
like that in the Windows binary dist, AFAIK. The MySQL 4.0.x setup
should set up the new privileges (privilege tables), too. I guess this
will only happen when you delete / rename your old mysql database
beforehand.

I'll send Cc: to Miguel who is in care of setting up the dists at MySQL
AB, AFAIK. He should know what to do best to change the priv tables to
have the new privs available.

Regards,
--
  Stefan Hinz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>