Hi Ben,

> > hi Maciej,
> >
> > the only arguments you can get in favour of mysql is that
> it's free,
>
> Free???  Bollocks.

you're right! It's NOT free. Just for personal use there're no costs.

> I program for a small company producing commercial programs.
> We have found:
>
> MySQL Licence will cost us more than our product price.
> MySQL sails staff are rude and unfriendly.
> I contribure to MySQL stuff (in a minor way), and now I am
> expected to
> pay as well.  Get real!
>
> This is the main reason why I am looking at PostgreSQL at the moment,
> although I've not looked much at Interbase, any good?

Ok, if you're not making money on what you're working, then you're right!
But: Is it the fault of MySQL AB that you sell your work for nothing?
I don't understand, why everybody wants anything for free!

Open Source != Freeware

The license of MySQL is very cheep! Look at oracle and you know what I try
to explain.
Ok, Oracle is an other thing, seems to be for very greath projects, but if
you need speed and having a small budget then MySQL is a good choice.

Regards
Reiner