On Tue 2003-02-18 at 12:57:04 +0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> Most benchmark published actually give credit to mysql when it comes to
> Mysql Vs Interbase, but as an end user, the best tests are the one i
> conduct myself in my premises.
> Therefor when i say that mysql Vs interbase definitely goes to interbase,
> understand that it's the result of my own experience!

Hm. So you take the limited experience of your use case and make
general statements from that.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely believe you that InterBase is faster
for you in your use cases. But that doesn't mean that it is in
general. As you can see from the reactions, it would help if you
stated your personal experience as such.

> Bear in mind that all the benchmark published can give you all the credit
> possible, if my experience as an enduser proove me otherwise, i'll tend to
> believe what i can see and proove, not what i can read in an article!

I don't see how this is less biased than a benchmark might be.

Of course, it is the relevant part for you personally, in accordance
with the next statement.

> So my word to any enduser would be : conduct your own experiences... and
> see for yourself.

Absolutely. Seconded.

Bye,

        Benjamin.