I currently am running linux 7.1 and have MySQL 3.23.54 running on my box. I have
heard that there are some security issues with the version of mysql that I am running,
plus, phpnuke 6.5 needs the newer version of mysql.
I am a newbie to linux and mysql, and need a bit of hand holding I think.
Do I leave my current version of mysql alone and then rpm on my linux box the upgrade
(new version)? Can someone help point me in the right direction? Thanks

Mike