From: Tab Alleman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 2:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: upgrading mysql

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>  Can someone help
> point me in the right direction? Thanks

I just finished a practice upgrade (on a back-up server) myself and will
be upgrading the real server during off-peak hours soon.  We are running
win2k servers so I can't speak directly to any linux issues, but
generically speaking, upgrading to 3.23.56 was easy:  I downloaded the
installation files to my server and unzipped them.  Stopped the MySQL
service AND mysqladmin (you will have errors if you don't do this!).
Then ran the setup.exe, restarted the service, checked mysql admin and
saw that the version had been updated, and smiled.  I would imagine if
you follow the corresponding linux-steps, you should have no problems.

Good luck,
Tab

mysql