Christian,

While fulltext had some problems with latin1 charset and German language
it worked quite well for me with latin1_de and a customized German
stopword list. BTW I create my stopword list from the texts to be indexed.
All words are sorted by frequency and then common words from the top of
this list (example: doch weil aber dennoch) are added to the stopword
list. ft_min_word_len is set to 3.

What exactly are the problems you are seeing?

Have a nice day
Thomas Spahni