On April 4, 2003 05:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> YAY! somebody is helping me!!!    This is exactly what i needed.  Why isn't
> it right at square one in a readme or in the manual?  maybe i just missed
> it but, i swear i looked and looked!
>
> AWESOME !
> thanks and cheers!

  Hello Kira,

  There are hundreds different languages, tools and abstraction toolkits
  that use MySQL. In the manual, we start with the simplest possible choice -
  using MySQL from the command line.

  I will suggest to the documentation team that we provide suggestions at the
  start of the article on how to get started with other combinations of
  technologies.

  For learning how to use MySQL with a given language (such as PHP) it is
  often best to look at the documentation for the language.

  With PHP, if you visit http://php.net/mysql, you will find a simple example
  of how to connect to using PHP, along with many additional details for each
  function.

  Additionally, many common topics, such as using Dreamweaver, MySQL and PHP
  have be covered in web-based articles.

  A search on Google.com for 'dreamweaver mysql php' returns results like:
  http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/mx/dreamweaver/php.html

Cheers and happy coding!
--
Zak Greant