Hi --

        I am trying to connect to a remote mysql database on a unix machine
from a MySql control center on a Wintel machine, but I get the following
error:

[ENSEMBL] ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:
'[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

        When I am logged onto the unix box, I can log into MySql as root. I
have added a user (bdancis), a host ('wintelhost.company.com' ) and the same
password as for the root and I can't log in. Maybe the problem is the remote
login so I set up another new user (bdancis) for localhost and I can't log in
from the unix box where I have just logged in as root. I have set all the
privs where user.user = 'bdancis' to 'Y'. I have also tried other hosts
('wintelhost.company' and 'wintelhost') without success.

        Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Barry