Hi Barry,

2003年 5月 31日 土曜日 00:30、あなたは書きました:
> Thanks Nils. I can remotely connect to the database. I removed the local
> host entries for the bdancis account (the same name as the remote login)
> and added a new entry for [EMAIL PROTECTED] but was still not able to log on
> locally even if I run:
>
> grant select on mysql.* to [EMAIL PROTECTED];

About aboves command:

This grant will allow barry to select only information from the 1 database
named mysql - which is the database containing the user privileges.

This person will not be able to edit any data that exist in any other
database.

I still think you missed the correct settings.

I think you have 2 problems right now:

1) you still might have an anonymous user account on your system, which might
also take precedence over your settinga for the local connection of
bdancies.

2) The access privileges are not set correctly.

Perhaps its a good idea to take a look at some documentation f.e.
the mysql info manual or

http://www.devshed.com/ has some good tutorials on the mysql privilege system.

It helped me a lot to understand how the mysql privilege system works.

> which gives:
>
> ERROR 1133: can't find any matching row in the user table
>
> Select * from user where user='barry'
>
> does give 1 row
>
> Adding an entry into mysql.db does not help the granting of privs or the
> ability to login.
>
>        Since I can connect remotely and that is what I really needed I am
> going to ignore the local logon issues for now.
>
> Separately, when I am querying using mysqlcc, it only returns the first
> record. For 1 table with 12 records, select * gives:

I got this error when wanting to view tables from the mysql privilege database
(named mysql)
I had the same problems, that seems to be a bug.

> [ENSEMBL] ERROR 1104: The SELECT would examine too many records and
> probably take a very long time. Check your WHERE and use SET OPTION
> SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 if the SELECT is ok
>
> If SQL_BIG_SELECTS is 1, I get back 1 record. If it is 0 or default I get
> the error
>
> Any thoughts on how to get more records.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

Valentin Nils
Internet Technology