Hi Barry,

I believe you miss an important point. You have to check the privileges you
gave the user or host that doesnt work.

login to mysql from a working account.

do this:

USE mysql
SHOW GRANTS FOR bdancies;

loook exactly what it says.
If you are used to mysqlcc than connect from there look at the data in  all
tables of the mysql database. They contain the privilege of each user or
host.
there should be 5 tables f.e.

mysql.user
mysql.host
mysql.columns_priv
mysql.tables_priv
mysql.db

When you setup localhost and a remote login for the same user than it depends
on the order of this 2 entries within the mysql database.

I think you have all informatioin required now.

Good Luck !!

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 5月 30日 金曜日 03:[EMAIL PROTECTED] さんは書きました:
> Hi --
>
>       I am trying to connect to a remote mysql database on a unix machine
> from a MySql control center on a Wintel machine, but I get the following
> error:
>
> [ENSEMBL] ERROR 1045: Access denied for user:
> '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)
>
>       When I am logged onto the unix box, I can log into MySql as root. I
> have added a user (bdancis), a host ('wintelhost.company.com' ) and the
> same password as for the root and I can't log in. Maybe the problem is the
> remote login so I set up another new user (bdancis) for localhost and I
> can't log in from the unix box where I have just logged in as root. I have
> set all the privs where user.user = 'bdancis' to 'Y'. I have also tried
> other hosts ('wintelhost.company' and 'wintelhost') without success.
>

>       Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

Valentin Nils