Hi

I am fairly new to databases, but my boss has assigned me to choose a database system for our company. I know of Oracle databases but they are way too expensive so it's not an option for us. I did some research and came up with two free database systems that seemed to be more popular - MySQL and PostgreSQL. The problem is that I can't make a decision between the two because I have practically no experience. Some say MySQL is easier to use, some say PostgreSQL is more robust etc. Most articles seem to celarly favor one or the other. It is very hard to find an objective comparison. And I have to explain my boss why I chose either one. So perhaps some of you can give me some reasons why to choose MySQL over Postgre.

Thanks,
Kaarel
[EMAIL PROTECTED]