Hi

I would echo that support is probably the most important aspect of your
choice.

Unless you have a particularly technically demanding application that needs
features only found in Postgres you would be best with MySql

You can get an answer to most support questions via this list, or MySql
themselves if you have a support contract, within hours or even minutes,
from experts.

For a newbie, support can make or break a project.

I am willing to be corrected, but Postres smaller userbase and lack of
commercial support company means you are unlikely to get the same level of
support.

Peter

Excellence in internet and open source software
Sunmaia
Birmingham
UK
www.sunmaia.net