On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:50:04PM -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
> At 7:51 -0700 6/10/03, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:03:51PM +0200, rich johnson wrote:
> >>  Has anyone else tried this? I got 8/10. Going to the exam next week;
> >>  I suppose that's a good sign :-)
> >>
> >>  http://www.mysql.com/certification/selftest/core/index.php
> >
> >I don't know if we all get the same questions, but I was disappointed
> >in some of those I was asked.  One was like:
> >
> >"Is this syntax valid in MySQL?"
> >
> >   [some query]
> >
> >What's the point of such a question?  Anyone with access to MySQL can
> >find out by simply running the query.
>
> You don't have access to MySQL during the test.  You have to know
> whether or not the syntax is correct.

Of course.  That's not the issue.  It's a complaint that I have with
most standardized tests and/or certification programs.  But MySQL
bucks the trends so often, I expected it to happen here too.

> >Anyway, the two I got wrong were both the result of not having a MySQL
> >parser built in to my head.
>
> Now that surprises me.  (That you don't have a built-in parser. :-))

Yeah. I should really work on that. :-)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 7 days, processed 226,669,886 queries (351/sec. avg)