> What sort of throughput are you seeing in that setup?

God, I can't remember anymore. I can run a test again though. If you
have one you want me to run, just send it. We don't have other people's
money to spend, so all our disks are U160 18GB 15K IBM. They were less
than $100 each when we got them. They work great!

We only care about throughput when we do a clean backup. Application
performance is our measuring stick. Nothing like an FTS query on a big
ass table to do a test of both simultaneously.

At any rate, one server is just a replication failover. I can shut it
down for a little while and do another test. Then I can post back to the
list.

-steve-