To me the question of reliability is that of the drive, not the
interface. I cannot see SATA itself being any more or less reliable than
ATA drives. I think certain controllers will accept a new drive that has
similar characteristics as long as the replacement drive is larger than
the lost drive.

I think the low capacity is a recognition that more performance for the
price is more desirable than more capacity with the target market of
this drive. After all, you don't see many 180GB SCSI drives, performance
is more a concern than capacity (you can get the capacity from RAID
anyway.

Regards,
Mike Hillyer
www.vbmysql.com