I am having a problem with replication in MySQL 4.0.13. I have a
my.cnf file in the data directory of the slave that should exclude a
specific table in one of my databases from replication. I am getting
the following error message:

 "error 'unexpected success or fatal error' on query 'UPDATE
excludedDB.excludedTABLE.....' ".

 I am sure the syntax is correct in the my.cnf I am excluding several

other tables and that seems to be working fine. The above query is
for software that is in beta so it is not running all of the time. I
can use SET GLOBAL SQL_SLAVE_SKIP_COUNTER to by-pass them for now but

I need to find a permanent solution. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Ed Pauley II
Bloodstock Research Information Services