On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 12:44:05PM +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Friends:
>
> We are using mysql version 4.0.17 on Linux with a master and a single
> slave both running on the same node.
>
> We have encountered a problem in replication in the following scenario:
>
> First the slave got abnormally terminated while there were some active
> connections to the master.
> The master was also terminated abnormally in quick succession.
> After both master and slave was brought up, we noticed that the last
> transaction in the master just before the abnormal termination is
> getting replicated twice in the slave.
>
> Thanks in advance.  Please pardon me if there is a confidentiality note
> that gets automatically attached with this mail and do ignore it.

I'm going to make an educated guess.

There's a race condition and you lost.  The slave copied that query
from the master's binlog but was shutdown before it could update the
master.info file to reflect it's new position in reading the master's
binlog.  When you started it back up, it fetched it a second time, not
"knowing" it had done so previously.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

[book] High Performance MySQL -- http://highperformancemysql.com/