On Friday, Sep 5, 2003, at 10:24 US/Eastern, Parker Morse wrote:
You'll need to edit the .bashrc file in your home directory to add the /usr/local/mysql/bin directory to the search path if you want to avoid typing the full path. Another alternative is to place links to the binaries in one of the directories already in the path, like > /usr/bin/.

I should correct myself - the file to look at is .bash_profile, not .bashrc, at least in RH 9.0. Or .tcsh_profile (or .tcshrc) if you use tcsh - I don't, so I'm not certain which file it would be in.

And, as Mike suggests, check to make sure the MySQL client is there at /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql. It might be that simple.

pjm