Here is another strange question:

When I use "show databases", it shows me that I only have one database
called "test", and no database called "mysql" show up.

However, I go back to the shell, under the "/usr/local/mysql/data/", it shows
me that I Do have a database called "mysql" including host, user, tables_priv,
func, db, colummns_priv.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Hon