On Friday, Sep 5, 2003, at 15:02 US/Eastern, hongbin liu wrote:
Thank you so much. I changed the profile according to what you guys told me,
and add "/usr/local/mysql/bin" to the profile. Guess what? It works great!

But I am not sure if I did the right thing: my computer uses bash, I could
not find either .bash_profile. There is only one file named "profile" under
the "/etc/" directory. So I just put the "/usr/local/mysql/bin" into the
directory, and it works!

Adding that to the /etc/profile file will add it to the $PATH for all users, while adding it to a .profile or .bash_profile file will add it only for the particular user. Just so you have your permissions set correctly on the mysql binaries.

Glad it works...

pjm